Reliable classic car transport: How to safely move your baby
From James Bond’s 1963 Aston Martin DB5 to Starsky and Hutch’s 1975 Ford Gran Torino, iconic movie classic, vintage, and muscle cars hold a special place in the hearts and minds of car enthusiasts everywhere. If you’re the proud owner of your own classic car, you know it’s a priceless piece. You measure its value in more than just dollars because it also has a special place in your heart. If you ever need to ship your vehicle from one place to another reliable classic car transport is the best way to keep it as safe as possible. Before you book any kind of auto transport service, read this helpful guide.
What is classic car transport?
Classic car transport is an auto transport service specially tailored for owners of classic cars such as:
- 1977 Pontiac Firebird TransAm
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1967 Ford Mustang
- 1969 Dodge Charger
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1980 MG MGB
- 1967 Oldsmobile 442
Why you might need classic car transport
Classic car owners come in all shapes and sizes, but there’s one thing on which they all agree. Nothing is too much for their baby. Whether it’s accessories, fluids, gasoline, or cleaning materials, they spare no expense for a vehicle with such sentimental value. Classic cars are rare, fragile, and many still have their original paint. Owners of such valuable cars do everything they can to safeguard their classic car.
Reliable car transport for classic vehicles is something you can rely on if you ever need to ship your car. Trustworthy auto transport companies like us here at SGT Auto Transport, can be called upon if you need to ship one, two, three, or more classic vehicles from your dealership or classic car club to another. We can also help if you need to move your vintage car to a specialist repair shop or upcoming classic car exhibition.
The PROs and CONs of classic car transport
Reliable classic car transport is a way to safely and securely ship your beloved motor over short or long distances. Because it protects your vehicle you can enjoy peace of mind knowing your cherished possession is safe.
Your vehicle is protected from external elements that could potentially cause damage and arrives at its final destination in pristine condition. Reliable car transport for classic cars also offers the highest degree of privacy and security. Anyone passing by the trailer will find it impossible to see what’s inside.
The PROs of reliable classic car transport
- It significantly minimizes the risk of damage from unexpected weather conditions or traffic debris.
- Wear and tear on your vehicle is zero when you ship your car using reliable transportation for classic cars.
- It affords your highly prized classic car the highest level of protection and security.
- Your classic vehicle doesn’t move when the truck and trailer are in motion because they secure it in place.
- A reliable auto transport company such as ours can offer door-to-door classic car transport services for the ultimate in convenience.
- It provides a safe environment for your pride and joy.
The CONs of classic car transport
The cost of classic car transport tends to be around 30% higher than the traditional method of shipping a car which is open car transport. But, factor in the additional peace of mind you get and the special treatment your car receives and the additional cost pales in comparison.
What type of auto transport do we recommend for your classic car?
Classic cars tend to be more fragile than newer models, and because they’re generally much older, their parts are often more difficult to repair or replace. It’s therefore crucial that the auto transport service is one that goes above and beyond when it comes to keeping your precious baby safe, secure, and totally protected from any damage.
We would always recommend enclosed auto transport for a classic car because it’s a service that protects your car from all sides. Your valuable motor won’t be exposed to the elements or road grime, dust, or dirt. We have many reliable classic car transport carriers in our network. They are all experienced in loading and unloading classic vehicles and treat every vehicle with the utmost care and attention.
Door-to-door service is something else that we would always recommend. It’s very convenient because we pick your vehicle up from your door and deliver it to a destination address of your choice. Don’t worry if there are restrictions for large trucks because we can arrange to pick-up and drop-off your vehicle as close to the address as possible.
If you need your vehicle on or by an exact date there is the option of an express service. If, for example, you need to take your automobile to a classic car show or auction.
How does classic car transport work?
Our classic car transport process is a very simple one. There are three easy steps.
- Get your car shipping quote and book your order: we have an online calculator you can use to find out the cost of our classic car transport service. Enter a few details and you’ll receive a free quote in a couple of minutes. You can also speak with our shipping advisors by calling (864) 546-5038, or using . Once you’re happy with the price and the service you can make your booking.
- We pick up your vehicle: a few hours before your scheduled pick-up time, your assigned carrier will get in touch to confirm the details. Before we load your classic car onto the trailer you first have to examine it along with the driver, checking for existing damage. You record this on the Bill of Lading, before you sign. With the paperwork completed, it’s time to say goodbye to your precious baby. Regular updates of its progress are available and you can contact the driver for further peace of mind.
- We deliver your vehicle: when the carrier is almost home they will contact you to make sure you’re available to receive your car. When it’s delivered you get another chance to check everything’s in order. You then sign the Bill of Lading to accept delivery of your car.
How much does classic auto transport cost?
Classic car transport costs a little more than open transport services. The final cost depends on several factors such as the type of vehicle, distance your vehicle will be traveling, and time of the year. So you can get an idea of the cost, here are a few examples:
- 1977 Pontiac Firebird from Seattle, WA to Orlando, FL: $1775
- 1969 Dodge Charger from Sacramento, CA to Austin, TX: $1489
- 1967 Oldsmobile 442 from Montana City, MT to Tucson, AZ: $2350
How to find a reliable auto transport company to ship your classic car
When you’re looking for a reliable car transport service, you want a company that has experience with classic and exotic car transport. It’s possible to validate a carriers safety record and insurance status by looking them up on the Department of Transportation’s website. Here are some more things to look out for:
- A long history of transporting classic cars: an auto transport company with a track record of transporting classic cars will give you more peace of mind.
- Proof of insurance: always ask for proof of insurance and check what coverage is being offered.
- Options for door-to-door delivery service: this will save you the trouble of driving to a terminal to pick up your classic car.
- Express delivery options: there are times when important dates sneak up on you and you need to get your car somewhere fast.
- Excellent lines of communication: you should be able to communicate easily with your chosen auto transport provider. At the very least there should be a direct phone line and Live chat.
- Outstanding reputation: you can check out our reputation by reading some of our customer reviews. We're also proud to be named uShip's most trusted auto transport provider.
If you ever need to transport your classic car across the country, to the next big classic car show or to the garage for some special repairs, reliable classic car transport is ideal for you. If you want to know more about the service we offer, don’t hesitate to get in touch today. Our friendly shopping advisors are waiting to hear from you. Use our (864) 546-5038. option or call