Shipping a Car From California to New York (and Vice Versa)
6 Reasons to Ship Your Car if You're Moving Across the Country for College
Going to college is an exciting time but have you thought about how you’ll get around when you get there? Night’s out on the town, excursions, and exploring the neighborhood are all going to be difficult if your only option is public transport or using a taxi. Luckily, there is an option that’s more than affordable, and it’s car shipping for college students.
Why should you ship a car across country for college?
You’re probably thinking you could drive your car across country. It seems like a reasonable idea. However, before you start planning your route, let’s look at the downside of taking a road trip across the country.
- Cost: Driving can look like a less expensive option on the surface until you look a little closer at all the other factors involved. For example, you’ll need to pay for gas, accommodation in a hotel or motel, meals, drinks, and snacks.
- Safety: When you drive hundreds or thousands of miles, you’re increasing the risk of an accident. There’s also the weather and terrain to think about, as well as driver fatigue.
- Distance: A long-distance trip will be hard on your car. Tire blow-outs and shattered windshields can be dangerous. If they’re not covered by your insurance policy, they could double or triple the cost of your trip. There’s also the additional wear and tear to take into consideration.
- Timeframe: If you’ve got the time, a leisurely cross-country drive must be very appealing. However, if you’re feeling stressed out about starting college or not particularly relishing the thought of being cramped in a car for days on end, hiring an auto transport company could be the better option.
6 benefits of shipping a car across country for college
Compared to driving, car shipping for college students brings lots of benefits.
- Cost: There’s no cheaper way to ship your car across country.
- Wear and tear: The carrier will deliver your car in the same condition, with no extra miles on the odometer.
- Stress-free: As soon as the carrier picks up your car, you can make your way to campus and enjoy a stress-free journey.
- Ship multiple vehicles: If you need to, you can ship more than one car at a time.
- Added protection: If your vehicle is unique or valuable, you can get extra protection by choosing enclosed auto transport.
- Convenience: The carrier picks up your car from your home and delivers it to campus. It doesn’t get more convenient than that.