What is a Car Shipping Calculator?
If you ever need to ship a car, the first thing you want to know is the price. Whatever you’re buying, whether it’s a TV, vacation package, new home, plumbing or auto transportation service, one of the most important factors when making your decision is how much it’s going to cost.
When it comes to shipping your car, reputable car transport companies such as SGT Auto Transport have a car shipping calculator on their homepage for the convenience of their customers. A car shipping calculator can be used to generate a quote and find out how much it costs to ship a car. Using the online calculator you’ll be able to get accurate rates for the current season of what it might cost for your car to be transported across state lines or to the other side of the country. Please keep in mind, the quote is valid for 7 days.
How to Use a Car Shipping Calculator
It’s not rocket science and you won’t need a degree in data entry to use a shipping calculator. Just five simple steps are all it takes and your quote will be available instantly.
- Step 1 – go to our company calculator’s page. Follow the steps.
- Step 2 – enter a few personal details, such as pick-up and delivery zip codes, there is an option for you to add the vehicle details. These include the year of manufacture, make and model, and whether the vehicle is running or not.
- Step 3 – Select the desired type of service Open or Enclosed and the exact condition of your vehicle and fill in the date when your vehicle will be ready for pick up.
- Step 4 – Get a copy of the quote via your email! Don't forget that the quote is valid for 7 days. The phone number is optional. Your personal data is secured!
- Step 5 – finally, feel free to book the service!
Once all these steps have been completed, it’s a simple case of clicking on the ‘GET A QUOTE’ button. You don’t have to wait for your quote to be calculated. SGT Auto Transport makes the quote instantly available on a new page.
What Factors Influence the Cost?
There are a number of factors that affect the final cost of shipping.
- Distance -the main factor when it comes to calculating the cost of shipping is the distance that has to be traveled. Shorter distances tend to cost less, however, the cost per mile may actually be higher.
- Vehicle Make and Model – the larger the vehicle you want transported, the higher the cost. Larger vehicles take up more space and they can also weigh more which means they’re going to need more care and attention from the carrier.
- Type of Transport – if you want to save money the best option for you is open transport. However, if the security and protection of your vehicle is a top priority, enclosed transport will be better. It’s worth remembering that the cost will also be much higher.
- Condition of the Vehicle – you’ll be able to get a more affordable shipping quote if the vehicle is in good working condition. If it’s not, the
carrier may have to arrange for additional equipment to get the vehicle onand off the car transport truck.
- Pick up and Delivery Locations – if your vehicle is getting picked up and delivered to an urban or metropolitan area there are more car transport trucks and shipments available. This means costs are much lower than more rural locations.
- Time of Year – there are good and bad times of the year to be shipping a car. In the winter, for example, many areas of the US are affected by snow and ice which makes shipping costs much higher. Shipping a vehicle during the summer months costs much less. Special holidays can also be very expensive times to ship a vehicle.
If you’d rather speak to a person or need something clarified, there is always the option of speaking with a representative of the company. SGT Auto Transport, for example, has a team of experienced shipping professionals who can provide a free, no-obligation quote, book a new shipment or answer any questions you might have. They can be contacted by telephone, email or by using instant chat, during office hours.