Best Auto Transport Carriers
If you ever need to relocate to another state or across the country, getting your car moved can be a problem. Driving it yourself or hiring someone to drive it for you are two options. However, there are many downsides to them both. Driving a long distance can be tiring, expensive, and unsafe. Hiring a driver to drive for you also has many risks. First, you have to find someone you trust, and then there's the additional wear and tear to be considered.
Luckily, a third option is available. Next time you ask yourself, "How am I going to ship my car to another state?" remember the option of using affordable transportation services.
The best auto shippers can relieve you of all the stress and get your car delivered to a new location quicker than you thought possible. Before you jump for joy, however, you’ve got to find the right car courier for the job. With so many to choose from, you might find this an overwhelming task. For this reason, we’ve put together some tips to help streamline the process.
What are the Automobile Transport Services?
You’ll find this kind of service referred to in different ways, but basically, it’s a company offering to ship vehicles, of all shapes and sizes, from one point to another. You might require this type of service for a variety of reasons:
- Relocating to a new home
- Moving a newly purchased vehicle
- Moving south for the winter
- If your kids are going to college
- Your classic motor needs specialist work at a garage
- You’re giving someone the gift of a car
Why Choose Top-Rated Auto Transport Companies
Owning a car is a significant investment of both time and money. When it comes to moving it long distances, it's therefore only natural to want the best. A road trip might sound very exciting, but it’s nowhere near as affordable and convenient as booking cheap car transport services. Here are a few more reasons why it’s the best option.
- Saves Wear and Tear and Extra Mileage
If you drive your car over a long distance, of course, it's going to cause more wear and tear. Extra miles are also going to be added, which in itself can have many ramifications. You may also find yourself driving your car in all kinds of weather. And while an open trailer still leaves your car exposed to the elements and traffic grime, it's not as bad as driving a vehicle on the highway. There’s also the option of an enclosed trailer for maximum protection. All of these savings mean your car's market value is preserved, and its safe arrival is guaranteed.
- Saves Time
If you like the idea of driving your car across the country, have you got the time to spare for such a road trip? Do you want to spend your vacation time driving? If you choose auto shipping instead, you can spend the time you save doing something more enjoyable or rewarding.
- Saves Money
A road trip is far more expensive than shipping your car. You'll have gas to pay for, stopovers for meals, hotel stays, or motel bookings. All these costs add up over a few days or a week. You don't pay these costs if you choose to book with an auto transport management company like ours. Use our online shipping calculator for instant automobile shipping quotes. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the price.
- Safer and More Reliable Option
An auto carrier can guarantee the safety of your car. The same can't be said if you decide to drive yourself or hire a driver to do it for you. The companies we use, for example, have experienced and well-trained drivers. They also hold the necessary licenses and certification and have passed all the relevant background checks. An excellent way to find out more about the reliability of a company is to research online reviews. The Better Business Bureau website is another good place to look.
- Good for the Environment
We’ve all become more aware of the damage we’re doing to the environment. Choosing auto transportation is one way you can help. One less car on the road is reducing the amount of pollution, and if you’ve got more than one car that needs to be shipped then even better. Auto carriers can carry up to ten vehicles at one time so that’s quite a reduction in pollution.
- Multi-Vehicle Transportation
If you're a multi-vehicle family, then auto transportation is a far better solution. If you’re a car collector and have bought several vehicles at an auction, auto transport is the obvious way to get all the cars to your garage.
Choosing the Best Company to Transport Your Car
Now you appreciate the benefits of selecting an auto transport company, let's give you some tips on finding the right one. There are several questions you should ask yourself.
1. Is the company licensed and authorized? Auto transport companies are licensed by the FMCSA and issued with an MC number or DOT. You can visit the FMCSA website to check the validity of an MC number. If your search brings up "not authorized" in red letters, look for another company to ship your car.
2. Read online reviews. You ask for Google's help in many everyday situations, so why not turn to Google when you want to find out about the reputation of a company? There are lots of independent review sites to check, for example, TrustPilot, TransportReviews, Reviews.org, and many others.
3. How long has the company been operating? Bad companies don’t stick around for long, whereas reputable companies stand the test of time. Be very wary of companies that have not been in business for long. It’s common practice for bad operators to start a new company under a different name.
4. What shipping options are available? Generally, open and enclosed shipping are the most common options. However, also keep an eye out for companies that offer express shipping, military discounts, motorcycle, and luxury car transportation. The more options there are, the better chance you have of booking a transport service that meets your needs.
5. Will the shipment be insured? All top auto transport companies provide cargo insurance. When speaking to a company, ask for proof of insurance.
6. Is the service door-to-door? A door-to-door transport service is far more convenient than terminal-to-terminal. You don't have the problem of getting your car to a terminal and traveling to pick it up again at the end of its journey. Your vehicle is picked up from your home, or as near as possible, and delivered to a convenient location.
If you want your car to receive the best possible treatment, choose the best car transport service. Here at SGT Auto Transport, we make it a priority to provide the best possible transport service at a price you can afford.
To find out more, call (866) 774 6570 or speak with our shipping advisors online today.