Terms and conditions
This agreement between the customer, (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”), and SGT Auto Transport allows SGT Auto Transport Corp. to contract with another licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s) to transport the vehicle(s) described in this shipping order. All orders, unless stated otherwise and agreed upon in writing, are COD (cash or cashier's check/certified check).
- SGT Auto Transport Corp. is a registered and bonded property broker (MC#873392) with the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to your door as legally and as safely as possible. An alternate place to load or unload may be necessary because of low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets, residential and city area restrictions. The pickup and/or delivery location may be changed by the carrier as they deem necessary for the safe loading / unloading of the vehicle.
- SGT Auto Transport Corp. shall provide Customer with an estimated pick up and estimated delivery date. However, delays may occur prior to, and/or during transport due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding pickup or delivery times and dates. SGT Auto Transport Corp. / Carrier shall not be held responsible for loss or damages occasioned by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees or any accommodation fees. SGT Auto Transport Corp. / Carrier shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
- In the event of damage to a vehicle, any damage must be noted in the proper place on the Bill of Lading and signed by Customer regardless of weather conditions, time of day or day of week. Signing the Bill of Lading without notation of any damage verifies that Customer has received his vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition, and that SGT Auto Transport Corp. and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Carrier damage claims are subject to an inspection by the carrier insurance adjuster. All claims must be submitted to the carrier in writing within 24 hours of delivery. SGT Auto Transport Corp. will share the Carrier insurance policy details upon request. Customer agrees that SGT Auto Transport Corp. is not liable for any property damage claims to Customer’s vehicle and that his, her or its sole remedy is against the Carrier only. SGT Auto Transport Corp. does not provide compensation for loss of use of a vehicle nor does SGT Auto Transport provide reimbursement / compensation for rental vehicles as a result of a damaged vehicle that is currently under repair.
- Carrier accepts responsibility of vehicle after pre-inspection is done and is signed by the Customer. Carrier responsibility will end when the vehicle is delivered and Customer signs final inspection.
- The carrier's cargo insurance coverage provides coverage for the vehicle only. Personal items that are loaded into the vehicle are NOT covered by the carrier's cargo insurance. Inventory of personal items will not be taken. Customer acknowledges that any loss of personal items is a risk taken.
- The Customer shall, in their absence, designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pick up and/or delivery, if for any reason they are unavailable.
- SGT Auto Transport Corp. / Carrier assigned is not responsible to cover any auction storage fees or pickup/delivery facility storage fees. Customer agrees to pay all storage fees prior to pick up of the vehicle. Should Customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of Customer.
- Customer warrants that he/she will pay the transportation price/deposit due to SGT Auto Transport Corp. / Carrier assigned, for dispatched and delivered vehicles, and will NOT seek to charge back a credit card or stop a check to offset any dispute for damage claims and/or delays etc...It is the Customer‘s responsibility to have any payment due when the Carrier arrives. All payments for Carrier must be in the form of Cash, Cashier’s check or Money order (business check only when agreed upon prior to pickup) – No exceptions. Certified funds must be made payable to the delivering car carrier and not - SGT Auto Transport Corp. Personal checks or credit cards will NOT be accepted for the remaining balance. No exceptions! Invoices aka "deposits" sent are due same day upon order status updated to dispatched (driver assigned).
- It is the customer ("shipper") responsibility to ensure the full operating status/condition of the listed vehicle(s). Additional charges will be incurred by the customer ("shipper") if a vehicle is found to be inoperable, customized in any way or not as listed/described.
- Customer ("shipper") agrees that SGT Auto Transport Corp. is not responsible for any toll charges/fees that may incur for vehicles being transported. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to turn off and/or remove their toll transponder prior to scheduling transport.
- In the event that the customer requests a cancellation, deposits taken by SGT Auto Transport Corp. will NOT be refunded once a driver/carrier has been dispatched. Our services are considered rendered when a Carrier (transporter) is assigned to an order. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com prior to vehicle dispatch/scheduling. Phone requests will not be accepted and are not considered an official cancellation request.
- Customer ("shipper") authorizes SGT Auto Transport Corp. to process the credit/debit card provided once the order has been placed and the order form has been signed (electronic signature) by customer. Customer ("shipper") authorizes SGT Auto Transport Corp. to process ACH and electronic bank debits for orders meeting and/or exceeding SGT Auto Transport Corp's $2,299 credit card payment limit. Regular rate (billing) orders that are above the $2,299 threshold must be paid via ACH / wire transfer only.
- SGT Auto Transport Corp. reserves the right to cancel the Shipping Order at any time, for any reason deemed necessary by SGT Auto Transport Corp.
- Threats of Legal Action / Litigation will result in immediate termination of the Shipping Contract and forfeiture of any deposit amount that has been collected.
- For Hawaii shipments, the customer ("shipper") authorizes SGT Auto Transport Corp. to provide the ocean freight service (MATSON) with the customer ("shipper") credit card information for the ocean freight charge. Receipts for the ocean freight charge are available upon request.
- Any and all legal proceedings that arise must be filed in Greenville County, South Carolina.