Terms and conditions
This agreement between the customer, (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”), and SGT Auto Transport allows SGT Auto Transport to contract with another licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s) to transport the vehicle(s) described in this shipping order. All orders, unless stated otherwise and agreed upon in writing, are COD (cash or cashier’s check/certified check).
- SGT Auto Transport is a registered and bonded property broker (MC#873392) with U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to your door as legally and as safely as possible. A mutually agreeable place to load or unload may be necessary because of low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets and residential area restrictions.
- SGT Auto Transport shall provide Customer with an estimated pick up and estimated delivery date. However, delays may occur prior to, and/or during transport due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding pickup or delivery times and dates. SGT Auto Transport / Carrier shall not be held responsible for loss or damages occasioned by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees or any accommodation fees. SGT Auto Transport / Carrier shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
- In the event of damage to a vehicle, any damage must be noted in the proper place on the Bill of Lading and signed by Customer regardless of weather conditions, time of day or day of week. Signing the Bill of Lading without notation of any damage verifies that Customer has received his vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition, and that SGT Auto Transport and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Carrier damage claims are subject to an inspection by the carrier insurance adjuster. All claims must be submitted to the carrier in writing within 24 hours of delivery. SGT Auto Transport will share the Carrier insurance policy details upon request. Customer agrees that SGT Auto Transport is not liable for any property damage claims to Customer’s vehicle and that his, her or its sole remedy is against the Carrier only.
- Carrier accepts responsibility of vehicle after pre-inspection is done and is signed by the Customer. Carrier responsibility will end when the vehicle is delivered and Customer signs final inspection.
- The Customer shall, in their absence, designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pick up and/or delivery, if for any reason they are unavailable.
- SGT Auto Transport / Carrier assigned is not responsible to cover any auction storage fees or pickup/delivery facility storage fees. Customer agrees to pay all storage fees prior to pick up of the vehicle. Should Customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of Customer.
- Customer warrants that he/she will pay the transportation price/deposit due to SGT Auto Transport / Carrier assigned, for delivered vehicles, and will NOT seek to charge back a credit card or stop a check to offset any dispute for damage claims and/or delays etc…It is the Customer‘s responsibility to have any payment due when the Carrier arrives. All payments for Carrier must be in the form of Cash, Cashier’s check or Money order (business check only when agreed upon prior to pickup) – No exceptions. Certified funds must be made payable to the delivering car carrier and not – SGT Auto Transport. Personal checks or credit cards will NOT be accepted for the remaining balance. No exceptions! Invoices aka “deposits” sent are due same day upon order status updated to dispatched (driver assigned).
- It is the customer (“shipper”) responsibility to ensure the full operating status/condition of the listed vehicle(s). Additional charges will be incurred by the customer (“shipper”) if a vehicle is found to be inoperable, customized in any way or not as listed/described.
- In the event that the customer requests a cancellation, deposits taken by SGT Auto Transport will NOT be refunded once a driver/carrier has been dispatched. Our services are considered rendered when a Carrier (transporter) is assigned to an order. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing, phone requests will not be accepted.
- Customer (“shipper”) authorizes SGT Auto Transport to process the credit/debit card provided once the order has been placed and the order form has been signed (electronic signature) by customer.
- Any and all legal proceedings that arise must be filed in Greenville County, South Carolina .