Best online car auctions to buy a car
Do eBay Ship Cars and Are There Any Good Alternatives?
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
There’s one very quick and straightforward answer to the first question, “Does eBay motors ship cars?”. No, eBay does not ship cars for free and it doesn’t do it for a price either.
eBay might help with the shipping of other purchases you make via this online selling platform. But, in the case of a car/truck/pickup or motorcycle, you’re typically the one responsible for getting your purchase to your home.
How to get your eBay purchase home
You have several options when it comes to getting your new car home. Ideally, you want to do it in the best way possible with a minimum amount of fuss or stress. Your options include:
- Towing it yourself
- Driving it yourself
- Hiring someone to drive it for you
- Asking a friend or family member to fetch the car for you
- Shipping it by train
These options may seem more than feasible, but there’s another option that beats them all hands down.
Door-to-door auto transport
Door-to-door auto transport is a service that ships your car from point A to point B. when you’ve bought a vehicle on eBay, point A is the location of the seller, while point B is your home.
You might want to ship your car from a seller in New York to your home in Hawaii. Perhaps the seller lives in Ohio and you want the car to be shipped to your home in Colorado.
Whatever the locations and however far apart they might be, using an auto transport company like SGT Auto Transport is the most convenient, safest, and affordable option. It’s also hassle-free.
How does auto transport work?
You make all the arrangements with the auto transport company. They arrange for a carrier to collect your vehicle from the seller. The driver loads your new car onto a trailer and delivers it to a location of your choosing. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
The pick-up location could be a car lot, dealership, or the eBay seller’s home. The delivery location could be right outside your home, place of work, parking lot, or a street nearby your home.
We should point out that the locations have to be safe and legal for large vehicles, otherwise, an alternative will have to be arranged.
Why you should ship your new eBay purchase rather than drive it
The benefits of using an auto transport service rather than driving your car are as follows:
- Car shipping is one of the cheapest ways to ship your new car across the country
- You don’t have to worry about unnecessary wear and tear or extra miles
- It’s a completely stress-free experience
- If your new car is a custom, antique, exotic, luxury, high-end, or expensive motor, there is the option of shipping it in an enclosed trailer (cost is 30% to 40% more)
- You’ll save time
- Express auto transport is an option if you need your vehicle shipped quickly
- You can ship multiple cars
- No upfront payment is required
- You’ll be kept informed of the progress of your car throughout the service
How much does eBay charge for shipping a car?
eBay doesn’t deliver cars. It’s the purchaser's responsibility to get the car home and eBay plays no part or takes any money for this part of the process.
How does buying a car through eBay work?
eBay Motors is a sub-section of eBay that is dedicated to buying and selling vehicles of all shapes and sizes.
If you’re looking for a new car, the buying process is very straightforward. The steps are as follows:
- The seller places their vehicle for sale on the eBay marketplace - there is a listing in which they list all the important details including its current condition
- Interested purchasers submit bids to purchase the vehicle
- The highest bidder is the one who gets to buy the car
- Sometimes, the seller offers a “buy-it-now” price which you can pay instead of waiting to see if you win it in the auction
Does eBay have a shipping company for cars?
No, eBay does not have a shipping company for cars.
Does eBay hold and ship cars?
eBay does not hold and ship cars. When you purchase a vehicle through eBay you have to make the arrangements for getting your new vehicle back home. If you’re wondering does eBay delivers cars, the answer is also no.
If you’re thinking about looking for a new car on eBay, don’t forget to give us a call when you’ve found your dream car. We’ll make sure it arrives at your home in the best of condition. Call (864) 546-5038 or use our option.