Express auto transport for those times when you’re in a rush
We live in a fast-paced world in which everything needs to happen yesterday. Unfortunately, it’s not always possible, and sometimes we have to wait for things to get done. Auto transport is generally one of those occasions. However, there is a way to get around the time delay, and it’s called express auto shipping. In this article we will look at this option, why you might need it, and the benefits of such a service.
What is express auto shipping and how it works
On many occasions, there will be plenty of time for you to plan a car shipping service. There are times, however, when you need to ship a car quicker than normal. Express auto transport is a service that does exactly what it says on the tin! It’s a way of getting your car shipped quicker than the standard service time.
The industry standard timeline for an auto transport pick-up is between 5 and 7 days. With the express or expedited auto transport service we offer here we’re able to reduce the pick-up timeline significantly to between 1 and 2 business days. What this means is that we can arrange the pick up your vehicle within 48 hours of the first available shipping date.
When you might need express auto transport
There are a variety of reasons that might call for express vehicle transport, for example:
- Individuals selling a vehicle online.
- A car dealership may have a customer who requests a custom order.
- If a vehicle you are taking with you on a move suddenly breaks down.
- If you’ve made a last-minute decision to enter your vehicle in a car show.
- You’re making last-minute relocation arrangements because you need to relocate urgently for work.
- You’ve just got your PCS vehicle shipping orders and you’re on a tight timeline.
The benefits of express vehicle transport
There are many benefits for anyone who decides to use express transport services for moving a vehicle.
- Minimal waiting times: The carrier will give your vehicle top priority when it comes to being picked up. Rather than having to wait 5 to 7 business days, we can arrange for a carrier to pick-up your vehicle in 48 hours or less.
- Ship personal items: Many auto transport companies that offer express vehicle transport allow you to ship one box or suitcase in the trunk of your vehicle. We offer that option at no extra cost.
Express transport services: How much do they cost?
It’s usual for express auto transport to cost a little more than standard. How much depends on the distance, type of vehicle, popularity of the pick-up and deliver locations, and the time of the year. On average, you can expect to pay around 30% more if you want express transport services.
Why the additional cost? It covers the cost of the extra effort required to arrange such a service. Your shipment also takes priority over other customers, and this may involve additional fuel costs and extra driving. Car carriers have to make a number of pick-ups and deliveries for each load. They have a schedule to follow and visit a selection of locations. In order to offer express auto shipping, the carrier has to reduce the number of cars being hauled and the number of stops made along the route.
If you want to know the cost of our express transport services, give us a call. Our dedicated shipping advisors can give you a customized quote.
Tips for ensuring your vehicle gets to its destination on time
For anyone who wants to ship a car, timing is everything. There are a number of things you can do to speed up the auto transport process and make sure it’s a smooth and hassle-free experience.
Choose a company with an excellent reputation for delivering cars on time
When you book your auto transport service, you don’t want to be waiting around for days on end for the carrier to collect and then deliver your car. Choose an auto transport company with an excellent reputation for making deliveries according to schedule and you’ll be able to get on with your life, certain in the knowledge that they will deliver your vehicle on time.
Book your transport in advance
Whenever possible, try to book your auto transport service in plenty of time. Don’t wait to make your booking. As soon as you know you’re going to need a car shipping service get in touch with us here at SGT Auto Transport. Auto transport companies only have a certain number of spots on each trailer, and to ensure your vehicle gets one you have to book in advance.
Express auto transport is designed for those times when you can’t book a week or more in advance. For this type of service, however, there’s an additional premium you have to pay.
Be clear about your requirements
When you make your auto transport arrangements, you have to provide the correct details. The shipping advisor you speak to will need to know the type of vehicle you want shipped, as well as the pick-up and delivery locations. Be clear when describing your vehicle, if it’s not standard. Has it been heavily modified, for example? Is your vehicle running? If not, the carrier may need to arrange special equipment and handling. Only by providing accurate information can you get an accurate estimate and ensure the carrier is prepared to safely load and unload your vehicle.
Other factors to consider when booking express auto transport
Several factors can affect the pick-up and delivery dates and shipping durations. Some of these factors are fixed, and you can’t do anything to change them. They include:
- Distance: The further your vehicle needs to travel, the longer the delivery will take, once the pick-up has been completed.
- Traffic: Experienced truckers, such as those in our network of vetted carriers, know the best and fastest route, but traffic on the road is notoriously difficult to predict.
- Weather: Seasonal weather fluctuations can change the time frame when it comes to pick-ups and deliveries.
- Location: If your vehicle is being picked up from a busy city location that has plenty of truck and trailer traffic, you may get a pick-up date sooner than standard. The same applies for a delivery. If your delivery location is in a major metro area it might be easier to find a space with a carrier, because more trucks visit these areas.
- Season: There are seasonal fluctuations when it comes to auto transport. Carriers are generally busiest in the late spring, summer, and early fall. During these times, car shipping can be faster because there are more trucks and trailers moving vehicles back and forth.
How to prepare your vehicle for express auto transport
Once the carrier has scheduled your vehicle for transportation, there are certain things you need to do before it gets picked up. It’s important, for example, to go over your vehicle and make sure you remove any personal items. These include cell phones, CDs, and GPS systems. Take photos of the vehicle, making sure you capture clear images of any dings and scratches prior to it being shipped. Your vehicle should have no more than about one quarter of gas in the tank. Head over to our express car shipping page to find out more information about the service we provide.
Here at SGT Auto Transport we offer an express auto transport service. If you’ve got any questions, need an instant express auto shipping quote, call (864) 546-5038 and speak with our shipping advisors. We also have a option.