How SGT Auto Transport Selects Its Carriers
How SGT Auto Transport Selects Its Carriers
In the world of auto transport, there are carriers, brokers, and auto transport management companies. SGT Auto Transport prides itself in being one of the latter. A popular question from our customers is how do we select our carriers. While we don't mind explaining to all our customers when they ask, we thought we'd make it easier for you and write a short article about it.
The Difference Between an Auto Transport Carrier, a Broker, and an Auto Transport Management Company
Before explaining the process of choosing auto transport carriers to partner with, we thought we’d explain the difference between the different types of companies. The most significant difference is that a broker is responsible for coordinating shipments of various kinds of vehicles. Whereas, a carrier is the one with the trucks that provide the actual shipping service.
Before a carrier is sent to pick-up a vehicle, we carefully review their profile, history, rating, and check that their insurance is valid. But where does that leave a transportation auto management company like SGT? We offer a service that crosses over between the two. In other words, sgtautotransport.com provides a one-stop-shop for all your vehicle shipping needs. Not only do we coordinate the shipping of vehicles, we keep our clients updated with the progress of their car and handle any issues that might occur during the shipping process. We do everything in our power to ensure your vehicle arrives on time. From the first time you visit our website and request a quote, to the moment your vehicle is delivered and beyond, we’re an auto shipping company that’s always there by your side
A carrier can be a one-person band, a large logistics company with hundreds of different types of trucks and auto transport trailers, or anything in between. A large carrier is generally responsible for operating and coordinating the movements of its fleet. However, it might also work with a broker.
A broker, on the other hand, works with a wide selection of different carriers, from the one-person operation, right up to the larger logistics companies. Because a broker works with so many different carriers, it can provide services across the United States.
But where does that leave a transportation auto management company like SGT? We offer a service that crosses over between the two. In other words, sgtautotransport.com provides a one-stop-shop for all your vehicle shipping needs. Not only do we coordinate the shipping of vehicles. We keep our clients updated with the progress of their car and handle any issues that might occur during the shipping process. We do everything in our power to ensure your vehicle arrives on time. From the first time you visit our website and request a quote, to the moment your vehicle is delivered and beyond, we’re an auto shipping company that’s always there by your side.
Now you know why our service is unique, let’s look at how we select the carriers we work with.
How We Select Our Auto Shipping Carriers?
Here at SGT Auto Transport, we use an internal rating system that includes feedback from customers after any completed shipment. Upon delivery of a vehicle, we stay in contact with our customers so we can ask for any input. The questions we ask our customer include:
- How well did the carrier communicate throughout the shipping process?
- Did the carrier meet the desired timeframe?
- How courteous was the driver when your vehicle was picked up and delivered?
- Was your vehicle damaged in any way?
We have on file, the details and feedback for more than 100,000 carriers. Our dedicated carrier relations department oversees all this information and the selection process. This crucial department is also responsible for carrier compliance.
Before a carrier is sent to pick-up a vehicle, we carefully review their profile, history, rating, and check their insurance is valid.
If a new carrier calls to offer their services it’s down to our dispatch manager to review the request and undertake the necessary research. The final decision rests on the information we’re able to find out about the carrier.
Knowing the background of all the carriers we work with allows us to assure all our customers that the carriers we work with are trusted, bonded, insured and reliable. This promise applies to all the shipping transport auto services we offer, including:
- Door-to-door auto transport
- Open transport
- Enclosed transport
- Car Shipping to and from Hawaii
- Express car shipping
- Guaranteed pick-up door to door car service
- Classic and luxury shipping
- Military vehicle shipping PCS auto
- Snowbirds car shipping service
- Car dealers
- College students
- International shippers
The Benefits of Working with a Company Like Ours
- Flexibility – we’re able to meet your shipping needs regardless of where you are in the US, or when you need auto transport. We can do this because we provide car transport with no restriction.
- Protection – should something unexpected happen, for example, the truck booked to ship your car breaks down, we’re able to rearrange your transport with minimal hassle for you.
- Qualifications – because we vet all our carriers you can be confident the trucker is appropriately insured, accredited, and licensed.
- Top-notch customer service – we have a great team of shipping advisors who are there to hold your hand throughout the shipping process. We appreciate how stressful it might be, waving goodbye to your precious and much-loved vehicle. We also understand how you might worry about it being on the back of a truck and multi car trailer. If you need any reassurance it can be provided, and we’ll also make sure you get the best possible deal.
- Saves time – use our car trailer service and you don’t have to spend days shopping around for the best auto hauler. We take care of all the legwork. All you've got to do is get in touch with us on (866) 774 6570, and we'll do the rest.
- We handle everything for you – from the first quote to the day it’s delivered, your vehicle is in good hands.
- We can provide a nationwide auto transport service – if you want to ship a vehicle from coast to coast, you can sleep easy knowing that one company is providing the service, from start to finish.
If you want to know more about door to door car transport, car shipping for military personnel, or any of our other services, get in touch today.