Is shipping a car cross-country or driving the right thing to do during COVID-19
COVID-19 is having a huge impact on our daily lives wherever you live in the world. While restrictions have been put in place with regards to domestic and nonessential travel in the US, there are still occasions when people need to move their cars. People, for example, are still moving across the country during COVID-19. Knowing whether car driving during COVID-19 is safe can be confusing, with all the conflicting information you read. If you’re wondering whether shipping or driving in a car during COVID-19 is better, this article will help you come to the best decision.
Can I still drive a car across the country during COVID-19?
If you’re wondering whether it’s safer to drive a car across the country during COVID-19 or ship a car let’s see if we can help you find the answer to that question. A road trip might seem like a fun thing to do at any other time but during the crisis you could be putting yourself at considerable risk. Car travel during COVID-19 is possible, but that doesn’t mean it’s the best thing to do. There are a number of risks involved in driving cross country during COVID-19, not least of which is the fact that you’re increasing the risk of catching and spreading the virus.
Restrictions across the US are getting tighter by the day. In order to stop the spread of the coronavirus, authorities are imposing drastic measures. Travel restrictions are being imposed on people traveling from places where there have been large numbers of COVID-19 cases reported. Drive your car in certain states and you risk fines and possible jail time, if the authorities consider your travel unessential.
Should you drive a car across the country during COVID-19?
There are other disadvantages to driving in a car during COVID-19. Long hours on the road can involve countless pit stops. You’ll need to fill up with gas and provide yourself and any passengers with food and drinks. Each stop you make means you’re coming into contact with other people, thereby increasing the risk of catching the virus. You’ll also struggle to find accommodation as many places will be closed. Sleeping in your car is no fun at all. It means you’ll be tired the next day which is not safe for driving.
5 reasons why it’s better to use car shipping services instead of driving:
- It’s safer: If you ship your car rather than driving cross country COVID-19, you’re not putting yourself or any others at risk of contracting the virus.
- It’s cheaper: Flights are currently much cheaper, due to a decrease in the number of people traveling. Flying, rather than driving, is also safer as there’s less chance of contracting COVID-19 than if you were driving.
- It’s more affordable: Car shipping prices are much cheaper at the moment, because there’s less demand. Low demand always means lower prices, so why not take advantage?
- It’s less busy: People are choosing to stay at home and fewer cars are being transported. The auto industry is less busy at the moment, which makes it the perfect time to ship your car. If you wait until the restrictions are lifted you’ll find it much harder to book the auto transport service you need.
- All the right precautions are taken: The auto transport industry is taking the COVID-19 crisis very seriously and all the necessary precautions are in place. Add to that the fact that you can pay online which means no contact with the driver, and you can be certain you’re as safe as can be.
Can I find someone to drive my car across the country?
While this might usually be an option because professional drivers can be hired to drive your car, during the coronavirus and its associated constraints this type of operation has restricted service.
You might think about asking a friend or family member, but would you really want to put them at increased risk of catching the coronavirus because you need to move a car.
Take advantage of door-to-door transport services during COVID-19!
People are being advised to stay at home and self-isolate as much as possible during COVID-19. If you’re wondering whether to ship or drive a car across the country door-to-door transport is a much safer option because your vehicle can be picked up and delivered to a location of your choice. As long as it’s safe and legal to do so, your vehicle can be picked up from outside your home. This means you don’t have to put yourself at risk by coming into contact with other people.
The carrier who collects your vehicle will take all the necessary precautions to eliminate the risk of spreading the virus.
Other benefits of door-to-door transport services include:
- Easy and convenient to arrange: In these worrying times, there’s nothing more convenient and safer than having your car picked up and delivered to your door. You don’t have to travel long distances to a terminal or come into contact with many other people. Make your booking online, by phone or Live Chat.
- Saves time: A road trip can take a huge amount of time. The situation across the US is constantly changing, as new restrictions and rules are made because of the virus. Choose to have your car shipped and you’ll save time. Your car will arrive at its destination quicker and safer than if you were driving it yourself.
- Flexible: You get to choose pick-up and delivery locations that suit your needs. As long as it’s safe and legal to do so, the carrier will get as close as they possibly can.
- Best price: At this time, it’s best to contact auto transport companies directly. If you need your car shipped as soon as possible, speak with our shipping agents for a customized quote. Call (864) 546-5038 or use Live Chat. We also have an online quote calculator.
- Multi-car shipping available: If you need to ship more than one car auto transport is the answer. Whether you need to ship two, three, four, or more cars it can be arranged.
One final benefit worth mentioning is that you can elect a third party to be there when your car is delivered. It might be a friend, family member, or colleague. As long as they’re over 18 years of age and you trust them.
It’s much safer for you and those around you if you stay at home and let a trustworthy auto transport company ship your car. The auto transport industry continues to be affected by COVID-19, however, everyone in the industry is doing their best to keep the auto transport wheels rolling.
If you want to know more about our auto transport services during the COVID crisis call (864) 546-5038 and speak with our shipping advisors. They can also be contacted using Live Chat. For an instant online quote you can use our online quote calculator.