SGT Auto Transport is pleased to announce that it’s now able to offer a Hawaii vehicle shipping service, both to and from the islands of Kauai, O’ahu, Maui, and Big Island of Hawaii. It’s much easier than you think, and our shipping advisors are able to tailor a service that best suits your needs. Whether you’re moving to Hawaii or back to the mainland, we can offer a very competitive price and a seamless service.
Getting a Quote
The first step in the process is to get in touch and ask about a free, no-obligation quote. An online calculator is available for your convenience. Simply input a few basic details, such as pickup and delivery locations, and vehicle information. You also have the option of speaking with one of our shipping advisors. Simply call (866) 774-6570 or use our live chat option. Shipping advisors are available between the hours of 8:00am-6:00pm EST, Monday to Friday and 8:00am-5:00pm EST at weekends.
Preparing Your Vehicle
There are a number of things you have to do to get your vehicle ready for shipping.
– these must be removed before your vehicle is picked up from your home. The only items allowed in your vehicle, when being shipped to and from Hawaii, are a spare tire, a jack, jumper cables, floor mats and infant car seats.
– your vehicle must have ¼ tank of gas or less. This is a requirement for any vehicles being transported over the open ocean and is in place for safety reasons.
– clean the exterior and interior of your vehicle before being shipped. This allows you to properly inspect your vehicle at time of loading and unloading. Any damage should be documented and reported immediately.
Condition of vehicle
– your vehicle must be in an operable condition with no leaking fluids. Brakes, including the emergency brake, should be operational. Windows must be intact, and you must be able to close your vehicle completely.
– the alarm must be disconnected or the remote provided at the port. Keys to your vehicle also must be made available.
Rules and Regulations
If you’re shipping a vehicle from the islands of Hawaii, the following rules and regulations apply: A copy of the title or ownership document of the vehicle must be presented. If the vehicle you’re shipping is still under a Lien, you need a letter of permission from the bank or dealership that confirms you’re allowed to ship it. You must provide proof of valid registration and insurance. A valid picture ID or identification card must be produced, and you also need to have the details of your booking reservation number. If you’re not able to be present at the pick-up, proof of a power of attorney from the owner that allows the vehicle to be shipped, has to be shown.
If you are shipping a vehicle to Hawaii from the mainland, none of this is required.
Transport Service Options
SGT Auto Transport offers a port to door service for vehicles that are being shipped from Hawaii. This means you’ll need to drop your vehicle at the pre-arranged port. We then arrange for a carrier to bring your vehicle to your chosen location on the mainland. All you need to worry about is making sure someone is available at the delivery location to inspect and receive your vehicle.
If you are arranging transport from the mainland US, the service offered is door to port. Your vehicle is picked up from your location and delivered to a port of your choosing. As soon as your vehicle has cleared inspection and customs, it will be available for you to pick up. It is possible to appoint a designated person to pick it up on your behalf, but you need to provide details to the shipping advisor when making your booking. They will need to provide your booking confirmation number and the vessel booking number before your vehicle is released into their care.
Open or Enclosed Transport
The usual method for transporting vehicles to and from Hawaii is via open transport
. This does mean that your vehicle will be exposed to the weather and other elements. During shipping, however, all vehicles being transported are underneath the deck of a ship. They are, therefore, well protected.
If your vehicle is particularly precious, either because it’s a custom, sports, high end or a luxury vehicle, enclosed transport
can be arranged. You will need to speak with one of our shipping advisors for a customized quote. Our shipping advisors are happy to answer any questions you might have about our Hawaii auto transport service. Call (866) 774 6570
, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our handy online chat option. They can also provide you with a customized quote and arrange your booking.