Door-to-door auto transport is the most convenient way to ship a car
Moving can be a very frustrating experience. There’s all that packing to do, organising utility bills, forwarding the mail, cleaning, and tidying the garden. When you get to your new home you’ve got to unpack and get settled in.
There is a way you can reduce the stress. In this article we’ll explain why door-to-door auto transport is a more convenient option, when compared with other ways to ship a car.
What is door-to-door car shipping?
It’s a way of shipping a car right to your door. You provide a carrier with a specific address for the pick-up and delivery of your vehicle and they get as close to the location as possible. You could choose your own address, if it’s safe and legal for a large auto transport truck and trailer to drive along your street.
Alternatively, you can choose a more suitable location, such as where you work, a local shopping mall, parking lot, a storage facility, or any other address that’s convenient for you.
Alternative ways to transport a car
Before we look at the benefits of choosing door-to-door transport, let’s consider the alternatives.
Terminal to terminal auto transport
A terminal-to-terminal shipping service is one alternative to having a car delivered right to your door. The price of this type of auto transport can be much lower. However, when you factor in the extra expenses, such as the cost of getting there in the first place, it can work out to be more expensive than a door-to-door auto transport service.
Another downside is that you’ve got to get your vehicle to the terminal and pick it up from the terminal where it gets delivered. They often locate terminals outside of city limits so you might have to drive a long way. Terminal to terminal auto transport often takes longer and you might have to pay storage fees.
Taking a road trip
If you think a road trip sounds like an exciting idea, there are some factors you might want to consider. Driving thousands of miles with your family or buddies might sound like fun, but have you got a couple of weeks to spare?
Let’s not forget the additional expense that comes with driving. You’ve got to keep stopping to fill up the gas tank. Your passengers will need refreshments, and there will be the cost of staying in a motel or hotel to consider.
Aside from the cost, driving long distances is a very dangerous thing to do. Not only will there be the weather and traffic to content with. You’ll also be tired and grumpy, which means there’s an increased risk of getting involved in an accident along the way.
One further disadvantage of driving yourself if that you’re adding unnecessary miles to the odometer, increasing wear and tear, and ultimately lowering the value of your car.
Transporting a car by train
Auto transport by rail might seem like a useful alternative, but it’s hampered by much the same things as terminal car shipping. You have to get your vehicle to the train station and then arrange to have it picked up from the station where it’s delivered.
After reading about the alternatives, you’ll be pleased to know there’s a more convenient and affordable solution. It’s possible to book with a carrier who will deliver a car right to your doors, or as near as possible.
How door-to-door auto transport works
The process couldn’t be easier. Find a reliable auto transport company, request a quote, and make your booking. If you want to know the cost of our door-to-door car shipping service, use our instant online quote calculator. You can also call and speak with our shipping advisors or use Live Chat.
When you’ve made your booking, your car will be picked up on the agreed date and delivered to your chosen destination.
The benefits include:
- No unnecessary miles on your odometer
- No extra wear and tear on your car
- Saves time and effort
- More cost effective auto transport option.
Different types of door-to-door auto transport service
When you get in touch with a door-to-door auto transport company, you have to decide whether you want open car transport or enclosed auto transport.
Open car transport
Open car transport is the standard way to ship a car and is popular with car dealerships because it offers excellent value for money. Cars transported in an open trailer are exposed to the elements and traffic grime. It is, however, still a safe and secure way to transport a car and definitely much cheaper than driving yourself.
Enclosed auto transport
Enclosed auto transport costs a little more than open car transport. It’s money well spent if your car is valuable, for example, a classic, custom, antique, vintage, luxury, or high-end car. It’s also an auto transport service that’s recommended for owners of modified cars, particularly those with low ground clearance.
Cars transported using an enclosed trailer are protected on all four sides from the weather and any road debris. When the enclosed carrier delivers the car, it’s in pristine condition.
The benefits of door-to-door car shipping
There are several very good reasons for choosing to ship a car right to your door.
- It’s easy and convenient: Your vehicle is moved from A to B, and all you’ve got to do is book the service. There’s no need to worry about driving your car to a terminal or train station. It’s delivered to your door.
- It saves time and effort: It's much quicker than taking a road trip, and very little effort is required on your part. Once you’ve booked, you can get on with any other arrangements you need to make.
- It’s flexible: You get to choose the pick-up and deliver locations that are most convenient for you. As long as it’s safe and legal to do so, you can choose anywhere. It doesn’t have to be outside your home. Why not choose your place of work, or a parking mall down the street?
- It’s a personal service: You get to meet the driver who is transporting your car when you choose door-to-door shipping. This can be reassuring. There’s also the opportunity to oversee the loading and unloading of your vehicle.
- Multiple-vehicles can be shipped at the same time: An increasing number of US households have more than one car. This isn’t a problem if you choose door-to-door auto transport because two, three, four, or more cars can be transported at one time.
- Better value for money: There are lots of additional costs to take into consideration if you ship a car in any other way. With door-to-door transport, however, all the cost is included when you request a quote.
As well as being very convenient, having a car delivered right to your door is one of the safest ways to transport a vehicle.
If you want to know more about the cost of shipping a car, whether it’s across state lines, from coast to coast or Hawaii car shipping, use our instant quote calculator. You can also speak with our shipping advisors using Live Chat or call (864) 546-5038.