Does The Military Ship Your Car for Free
How Long Does it Take to Ship a Motorcycle?
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
When it comes to shipping your motorcycle, one of the factors you’ll want to know about is how long it will take. The actual time frame will depend on several things. In this post, you’ll find out what factors determine how long motorcycle shipping takes.
The factors that affect how long it takes to ship a motorcycle
- Distance: Shipping your motorcycle from New York to San Diego will take longer than shipping it from Houston to Los Angeles.
- Metropolitan vs. remote locations: The pick-up and delivery locations also affect the shipping time. For example, metropolitan areas can be accessed easier than more remote locations. If the carrier can drive along interstates and main highways, it will take less time for your motorcycle to be shipped.
- Weather conditions: Severe weather conditions such as snow, rain, thunderstorms, and strong winds can slow the movement of traffic, increase motorcycle shipping transit times, and often lead to delays. Drivers must drive slower when the weather is poor because they want to keep their cargo safe.
- Traffic delays: Traffic jams, road construction, and detours all increase the time it takes to ship a motorcycle.
- Driver’s hours: The auto transport industry is heavily regulated. One of those regulations is the number of hours drivers can be sat behind the wheel. The Department of Transport mandates that truck drivers cannot drive for longer than 70 hours every week.
Now you know what affects the timeframe for shipping your motorcycle, there are probably some more questions you want to ask. If you want to know the cost, use our instant quote calculator.
Alternatively, you can speak directly with our motorcycle shipping advisors by calling (864) 546-5038 or using our option.
How does shipping a motorcycle work?
Motorcycle shipping is a three-step process:
- Step 1: Get your motorcycle shipping quote and then book your order. Please note that the quote you receive is all-inclusive.
- Step 2: We pick up your motorcycle. The motorcycle carrier will contact you before they are due to arrive to check that you’re available. When the carrier arrives, you will inspect your motorcycle with the driver and note any damage on the Bill of Lading. The driver will carefully load your vehicle onto the trailer and be on their way.
- Step 3: You receive your vehicle. After a few days, your motorcycle will be delivered to your chosen location.
How much would it cost to ship a motorcycle 1500 miles?
To ship your motorcycle 1500 miles would cost around $1400.
Can a motorcycle and car be shipped together?
Motorcycle and car shipping is an option. Here at SGT Auto Transport, we have good relationships with a wide selection of carriers that specialize in transporting different types of vehicles.
Is it possible to ship a motorcycle and sidecar?
Yes, it is possible to ship your motorcycle and sidecar together in one shipment. However, it does depend on the size of the sidecar. You may also have to pay an additional surcharge.