How to Get a Car Shipping Quote Before Shipping a Car
Top 9 Reasons to Ship Your Car to Hawaii
Are you thinking about moving to Hawaii? Of course, nobody’s going to question such a decision, but before you start making plans and packing your belongings, take a moment to think about what you’re going to do with your car.
Selling your car probably seems like the most obvious thing to do, but there is a more viable option. Choose to ship your car to Hawaii, and you’ll save a whole lot of hassle and money.
If you need convincing, this article is for you. We’re about to explore 9 of the very best reasons to ship your car to Hawaii.
1. Competitive rates and attractive discounts
Find the best car transport to Hawaii, and you can expect to pay very competitive rates. You can also expect there to be some handsome discounts, for example, if you’re a snowbird wintering in Hawaii. Military personnel may also be eligible for discounts on the cost of Hawaii car shipping.
2. Reliable and professional service
The best Hawaii car shipping companies use fully vetted carriers that have passed various background checks. When you ship your car to Hawaii, it will be shipped safely and securely, using the right equipment and with the care and respect it deserves. Your shipment will arrive on time, and the service will be smooth and hassle-free.
3. Saves time
You might be thinking about driving your car to Hawaii, but don’t forget it could take several days to drive across the United States. Then there’s the ocean part of the journey to take into account. It takes between one and two weeks to get across the ocean. Have you got that time to spare? If you ship your car to Hawaii, you could be on the island in just a few hours if you fly.
4. Saves money
As well as the cost of gas, you also have to pay for accommodation, food, and drinks. And let’s not forget the cost of unnecessary wear and tear on your car. Also, if you’re thinking about buying a car in Hawaii, remember the price of a vehicle will be much higher than you’re used to paying on the mainland.
5. Less planning and stress
Trust an auto transport company like SGT Auto Transport, and we’ll take care of all the arrangements. From your first contact with our shipping advisors to the final delivery of your car, we’ll make all the arrangements on your behalf. Our experienced shipping advisors will walk you through the process, check on the progress of your shipment, and our trusted carriers will transport your car safely.
Get an instant quote for shipping your car to Hawaii today.
6. It’s a safe and convenient option
Shipping a car to Hawaii is a much safer and more convenient option. There’s no safer way to move a car from A to B. Once the carrier has picked up your car, all you’ll have to worry about is making the final arrangements for your relocation to Hawaii and making sure you’re available at the port for the delivery.
7. The service is door-to-port
One of the most important reasons to ship your car to Hawaii is convenience. We arrange for a carrier to come as close as they can to your home when they pick up your car. Your car will be delivered to a port in Hawaii that’s closest to your final destination.
8. Your vehicle is protected
Moving your vehicle thousands of miles means considerable wear and tear not just on the engine but also on other parts such as your tires and suspension. Such additional mileage reduces the eventual resale value of your car, plus it means additional repair and maintenance costs. If you ship your car to Hawaii, you’ll be avoiding all the extra mileage.
9. You can ship multiple vehicles
Records show that more than half of American households own more than one vehicle. If you ship your car to Hawaii, you’ll be able to include more than one car in the shipment.
Now you understand the reasons to choose Hawaii car shipping, let’s look at the process a little closer.
How long does Hawaii car shipping take?
Between the West Coast of the United States and Hawaii, there are approximately 2,400 miles of ocean. Crossing such an expanse of water takes between one and two weeks. You’ve then got to figure into the timeline the time it takes to ship your car from your home to a port on the west coast.
How long this part of the journey takes depends on the pick-up and delivery locations. Auto transport drivers cover around 500 miles in one day. Then there are other factors to consider that can affect the timeline. For example:
- Distance: The greater the distance, the longer it’ll take to transport your car.
- Location: If the pick-up location is in or near a metropolitan area or along a major interstate highway, it’s much easier and quicker for the carrier to collect your car.
- Weather: Weather conditions can have a massive impact on the speed at which a carrier can transport your vehicle. The traffic flow can be affected by ice, hail, snow, thunderstorms, a hurricane, or a tornado.
- Issues on route: The driver’s progress will be hampered by detours, road construction, and heavy traffic.
How much does shipping a car to Hawaii cost?
Several factors have to be taken into account when calculating the cost of shipping a car to Hawaii. They include:
- The distance between the pick-up and delivery locations
- Whether your shipment is coming from a rural or metropolitan area
- The make and model of your car and how old it is
- The time of year
- How popular your chosen route is
What is the process for shipping a car to Hawaii?
The process is a straightforward one and starts with you getting a quote and booking your order. You can use our instant quote calculator or speak with one of our shipping advisors. When you’ve found a price you’re happy with, you make your booking and get your car ready for shipping.
On the pre-arranged date, a carrier will come to your home and pick up your car. Then, they’ll transport it across the country to a port on the west coast. From there, it will travel across the ocean and be ready for you to collect at a Hawaiian port.
When you ship a car to Hawaii, there is specific documentation you need to provide, including:
- The current title and registration for your car
- A notarized letter of authorization from any non-present party
- Valid ID to pick up your car from the port in Hawaii
What are the most popular destinations for car shipping to Hawaii?
You can choose one of several different ports, on the mainland and in Hawaii. The one you choose depends on your location. Ports along the west coast include:
- Long Beach, CA
- Oakland, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Tacoma, WA
The most popular ports in Hawaii include:
- Honolulu, Oahu
- Hilo, Big Island
- Kawaihae, Big Island
- Kahului, Maui
- Nawiliwili, Kauai
What are the rules for car shipping to Hawaii?
There are specific rules you need to follow if you choose to ship your car to Hawaii. People sometimes misrepresent their vehicle, or its condition, because they think it might cut the cost. The opposite might actually happen because you might end up having to pay a premium because your car is heavier or larger than you said when booking.
Another common misconception is that you’ll be able to pack some of your belongings in the trunk of your car. But, unfortunately, packing your trunk full of possessions won’t save a few bucks. Instead, you’re running the risk of having to reschedule your shipment or be left stranded at the port with boxes of possessions you’re not sure what to do with.
Getting your vehicle ready for shipping to Hawaii
To ensure the smooth running of your shipment, there are a few things you should do to get your car ready.
- Remove any personal items. A few specific things are allowed, such as a spare tire, jumper cables, a jack, infant car seats, and floor mats, but that’s all.
- Run the gas tank down. Your car should be no more than one-quarter tank full.
- Clean your car. Cleaning the inside and outside of your car allows you to check for any damage and note its condition. For future reference, take clear photos of any dings, dents, and scratches.
- Perform a basic check. You can only ship a vehicle to Hawaii that’s operable. You also need to check for any leaking fluids and make good anything that you find. The car’s emergency brake should be operational, and the wheels move.
- Disconnect all alarms.
You might have been wondering “Should I ship my car to Hawaii”. Hopefully, you’ve now got the answer and are looking for the best car transport to Hawaii. You’ve come to the right place because SGT Auto Transport has many years of experience and will ensure your car is shipped to Hawaii safely and securely.