Choose a Guaranteed Pick Up for Those Times When You Need to Make Specific Car Shipping Arrangements
The auto transport industry works like a well-oiled machine. Over the years, thanks to technology, shipping a car has become more efficient, reliable, and affordable. But, unfortunately, due to the very nature of the car shipping business, certain aspects of the process aren’t that easy to guarantee.
Knowing when your vehicle will be picked up and eventually delivered would be very useful to know. It would mean you’d be able to plan your schedule accordingly. However, both pick-up and delivery times can be challenging to guarantee. This is because so many factors can affect the car shipping service, such as traffic, weather, and carrier availability.
You’ll be pleased to know that it’s possible to arrange a guaranteed pick-up car shipping service should you need it. However, it will cost a little more than the standard car shipping service.
What is a guaranteed pick-up in car shipping terms?
Something about the word ‘guaranteed’ puts your mind at ease as a consumer. The official definition of the word is that it’s a promise or assurance that something is of a specified quality, content, or benefit or will perform satisfactorily for a certain period. It’s also an assurance that an obligation will be fulfilled.
Guarantees are used in almost every industry, including car transport services. Guarantees come in various guises, but they usually take the form of a guaranteed pick-up in the auto transport industry.
Guaranteeing a pick-up is easier than guaranteeing a delivery. The carrier allocated the job will be in your area and willing to pick up your vehicle on the specified date.
If you want to take advantage of a guaranteed pick-up service, booking at least two weeks before the first available shipping date is best. This gives the auto transport management company plenty of time to find a suitable carrier and the driver time to get to the pick-up location.
It is virtually impossible to guarantee a specific time, as so many things can impact the time it takes to travel to a location. It can depend on the traffic, weather conditions, construction on the highway, and vehicle breakdowns, which is why a specific window of 24-hours is guaranteed.
Does SGT Auto Transport offer guaranteed pick-up dates?
In the car shipping industry, the term ‘guaranteed’ is somewhat subjective as it tends to depend on what is being referred to. However, we know how important it is for you to know when your vehicle will be picked up, and this is why we can provide guaranteed pick-up dates.
If you’re willing to pay a little extra, we can ensure your vehicle will be picked up according to your schedule.
Guaranteed pick-up dates are helpful if you’re pressed for time and need your vehicle to be in a particular location on a specific day.
What are the benefits of a guaranteed pick-up auto transport service?
With a car shipping guaranteed pick-up, it’s possible to schedule the date you want your vehicle to be picked up. You won’t have to wait around for days because the carrier will pick your car up on a prearranged day. In addition, the service is door-to-door, and you get to choose the pick-up and delivery locations.
With guaranteed pick-up, you also get complete peace of mind. You’ll receive regular updates throughout the shipping process. You can also contact us for the latest information if you need to.
What about guaranteeing when your vehicle will be delivered?
While we do everything we can to ensure your vehicle arrives at its final destination on a required day, it’s not something we’re able to guarantee. So many factors can hold up the delivery process. For example, there could be huge tailbacks on the highway, detours, weather changes, fuel issues, or mechanical problems.
What are pick-up and delivery windows?
When you talk to an auto transport company about shipping your car, one term you’ll often hear mentioned is the “delivery window.” This means that the auto transport company won’t promise an exact date. Instead, a specific timeframe will be given. In other words, your vehicle will be picked up and delivered between two dates.
Windows are used because there are a lot of variables involved in the car shipping process. It’s much fairer for the customer to get a “window” rather than a specific date. This happens because when you book your car transport service, your car is not instantly connected with a carrier.
Auto transport companies have a network of carriers they can call on, and they will look for the best match for your individual needs.
This can take a few days and is the main reason why most car shipping companies don’t guarantee pick-up times. The same happens with delivery times, and it’s standard practice for customers to be given a delivery window.
What can you do about the issue of pick-up and delivery windows?
You don’t have to let such issues ruin your plans because there are things you can do when the timing is critical.
- Plan ahead: If you want to be able to deal with unexpected delays, the best thing to do is plan ahead of time. The auto transport provider will give you a time frame, so make your plans around it. You might need to rearrange work schedules or change flight times, but that’s better than dealing with unpleasant hold ups or delays.
- Ask for a guaranteed pick-up: Some companies, SGT Auto Transport included, offer guaranteed pick-ups. There’s a lot of work involved in providing such a service which is why you’ll have to pay a few extra bucks to get your guaranteed date.
If you want to know more about the cost of a guaranteed pick-up, get an instant quote today.
- Keep tracking: When you book a car shipping service, most providers offer tracking of the shipment or timely updates of your vehicle’s progress. You’ll be able to make plans depending on how far your vehicle is from its final destination.
- Consider express shipping: If you can’t change your plans and a guaranteed pick-up is not an option, you might have the option of express shipping service. If you choose this option, your car will be transported in a much shorter time frame. However, if this is the case, you’ll pay more for the service.
How does a guaranteed pick-up service work?
Our guaranteed pick-up service is a simple three-step process that allows us to get your vehicle to your new location in time, safely, securely, and undamaged. Here is a quick rundown on how the service works:
Step 1: Get a quote and book your guaranteed pick-up order
On the homepage of our website, you’ll find an instant quote calculator. All you have to do is input the following information:
- The make, model, and year of your vehicle
- The “transport from” city or zip code
- The “transport to” city or zip code
- The date you want your car to be picked up
You also can call (864) 546-5038 or send a message. Remember that the price you get is all-inclusive and includes taxes and insurance.
Step 2: We come and pick up your vehicle
The transport carrier picking up your vehicle will contact you a few hours in advance and confirm all the details. They also want to make sure the location can be accessed by a large commercial vehicle. If the location isn’t suitable, you can arrange an alternative.
Step 3: Your vehicle arrives at its new location
We will notify you a few hours ahead of the arrival of your vehicle so you can make the necessary plans. If you’re unavailable to take delivery of your car, you can nominate a third party to act on your behalf, providing they are 18 years of age or older.
Are there any other guarantees available?
Reputable auto transport management companies such as SGT Auto Transport can offer several other guarantees. For example:
- Smooth and Effective Process – book your car shipping service with us, and you can be confident your vehicle will arrive safe and sound at your chosen destination.
- Guaranteed Price – speak with one of our shipping advisors for an accurate price on your car shipment. Alternatively, you can use our online calculator for an instant quote. Quotes are valid for seven days.
- No Hidden Fees, Guaranteed – all our prices are fully inclusive.
- Quality Service – the service you receive from SGT Auto Transport is of the highest quality, from the moment you first get in touch with our shipping advisors to the delivery of your vehicle and beyond.
- Competitive Rates – speak with our shipping advisors, and you’ll get the most competitive rates for your chosen service.
Tips for finding the best-guaranteed car transport service
If you want the best service possible, there are several things you can do.
Check available services
SGT Auto Transport, for example, offers three levels of service. The standard service guarantees a pick-up within a 1-4 business day window. A quote for this service can be obtained using our online calculator. There is also an expedited service, with a 1-2 business days pick-up window. There is usually an additional cost of 30% - 40%. Finally, there is a guaranteed pick-up service. You will need to speak with a shipping agent for a customized quote for this option. The window for this service is 24 hours.
To save yourself time and inconvenience, aim to plan everything around the window you’ve been given, rather than a specific date. It might mean making a few changes to your work schedule, travel arrangements, or flight times, but it’s much better than waiting around twiddling your thumbs.
Get Regular Updates
It is possible to check the progress of your shipment by contacting the carrier directly. This will give you peace of mind and let you make the necessary preparations for the delivery.
For all your vehicle transportation needs, SGT Auto Transport is an auto transport management company you can rely on. We don’t make empty promises and always do our best to accommodate your needs.