Shipping a Car From Hawaii to Seattle & From Seattle to Hawaii
Lying more than 2,400 miles off the US coast are the islands of Hawaii. That’s a huge stretch of ocean lying between the islands and the mainland. Such a huge distance hasn’t put too many people off living there and thousands make it their new home every year.
When it comes to relocating, whether you’re moving to Hawaii or back to the mainland, moving all your personal possessions is easy. You simply call up a moving company and get them to take care of it all for you. But what about your car? Should you leave it behind or take it to your new home?
Shipping a Car From Hawaii to Seattle is Easier Than You Think
It’s bound to be tempting to leave your car behind when you’re moving back to the mainland. But is that the most sensible thing to do? What if you love your custom Buick and can’t bear to say goodbye? What if you took months to find the right car and don’t want the hassle of looking for another one?
Shipping a car from Hawaii to Seattle might sound like a chore, but SGT Auto Transport will make it an experience you won’t worry about repeating if you decide you want to move back to the mainland.
You worry about arranging movers for your personal possessions and booking your flight. Give us all the details and we’ll organize the shipping of your car.
Our car shipping from Hawaii and to Hawaii process couldn’t be easier.
Get Your Free Instant Quote
Use our free online instant quote calculator if you want to know the cost of shipping a car from Hawaii to Seattle. All you have to do is input a few details, for example:
- Pick-up and delivery locations.
- Choose between open car transport or enclosed auto transport.
- Year, make, and model of your vehicle.
- Is the vehicle running or not?
- First available pick-up date.
- Email address.
You'll receive an instant quote once these details have been provided. If you prefer, you can speak with our shipping advisors at (864) 546-5038. or use our Live Chat.
Book Your Order and Get Your Vehicle Ready for Shipping
Accept your quote and you’re ready to book your order. It doesn’t get much simpler than that. There are just a few things you have to do to make sure your car is ready for shipping.
- Clean the interior and exterior of your car: Not only will this save you time and effort when it’s delivered, you’ll also be able to check for dents, dings, and scratches.
- Closely inspect and photograph your car: You’re taking photographs so you can compare the condition of your vehicle when it’s delivered.
- Carry out some basic maintenance: Check the fluids are topped up, the tires are inflated and that the battery has a full charge. These checks will ensure your car is ready to be driven away when it’s delivered to a port in Hawaii.
- Remove or secure removable parts: These items include custom stereos, after-market DVD and video players, car charger, and your GPS.
- Deactivate alarm, toll tags, and parking passes: You don’t want your alarm going off unexpectedly and your passes and toll tags aren’t necessary when your car is being transported.
- Run down the gas tank: for safety reasons run your gas tank down to at least one quarter full.
Follow these tips and your Hawaii shipping experience will run like clockwork.
Drop Your Car at the Port in Hawaii
You can have your car shipped from a variety of ports on the Hawaiian islands. Whichever port you choose, whether it’s Kahului, Honolulu, Hilo, or Nawiliwili, there are some things you have to take with you when you deliver your car.
- Confirmation of your SGT Auto Transport order.
- The remote or the keys for your car alarm and the keys for your car.
- Your car’s current registration documents.
- The title for the car or a letter of authorization or power of attorney if the car is financed or leased.
- A government-issued picture ID.
If you’re unable to deliver the car to the port in Hawaii yourself, you can appoint a representative. This person has to be 18 years of age or older. They also have to provide proof of power of attorney that confirms the car can be shipped.
What Happens When You Car Arrives at the Port of Seattle?
When your car arrives in Seattle, there are two choices. If you live nearby, you’re able to collect the car from the port and drive it home yourself. However, you need to provide certain documentation. When you collect your car, make sure you take:
- A letter from the lien holder on official letter headed paper if the car is leased or financed. The letter has to be notarized and issued within the last 30 days.
- Provide a copy of the current registration and title document if you’re the outright owner of the vehicle. The name on the documentation has to match the shipping order.
- Proof of ownership and a valid photo ID.
- Both owners have to be present if the car has joint owners. If this is not possible, the absent owner has to provide notarized consent for the vehicle to be shipped.
A far simpler and hassle-free way of dealing with your car in Seattle is to let us deliver your car to your door. Our port-to-door car transport service makes shipping a car from Hawaii to Seattle a walk in the park.
All you have to do is drop your car at a Hawaiian port of your choosing, together with the required paperwork and let us take care of the rest. Just make sure you or your representative are at the delivery location to receive your vehicle.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car From Hawaii to Seattle?
Several factors affect the cost of shipping a car from Hawaii to Seattle. Our car shipping prices depend on:
- The distance and location.
- Type of transport service.
- Year, make, and model of the vehicle.
- Whether or not the vehicle is running.
- Demand and supply.
- What time of year it is.
Rest assured, we’ll do everything in our power to secure the best possible price for your Hawaii to Seattle auto transport service.
Different Types of Services For Shipping a Car from Hawaii to Seattle
Two of the services we offer for customers wanting to ship a car from Hawaii to Seattle or from Seattle to Hawaii are open car transport and enclosed auto transport.
The most budget-friendly option of the two is open car transport. It’s the auto transport of choice for car dealerships and many private car owners. Cars transported in this way are loaded onto a trailer, along with several other vehicles. The trailer is open to the weather and road grime, but that’s no different to driving it on the highway yourself. Don’t let this put you off choosing our open car transport service. It’s a very safe and value for money option for anyone wanting to ship a car.
Enclosed auto transport, on the other hand, is our premium transport service that we generally recommend for owners of high end, custom, classic, vintage, antique, new, and luxury vehicles. Why do we recommend this service? Because the trailers used protect the vehicle on all four sides. It’s also the best option if a car has been modified or lowered.
Enclosed auto transport costs around 30% to 40% extra but it’s worth it because of the complete protection and peace of mind the service provides.
How to Ship a Car From Seattle to Hawaii
Seattle is not the closest port to the islands of Hawaii, but it is a popular port for anyone relocating to the islands. If you need to ship a car from Seattle to Hawaii, it’s not as complicated as shipping from Hawaii to Seattle. It does, however, start in just the same way.
Once you’ve made your booking and decided on your first pick-up date, you can get on with preparing your vehicle for shipping.
How Much to Ship a Car From Seattle to Hawaii?
When calculating the price to ship a car from Seattle to Hawaii, we have to take several different factors into account. The final price depends on:
- Pick-up and delivery locations
- Distance traveled
- Type of transport service
- Year, make and model of the vehicle
- Whether the vehicle is running
- Supply and demand
- Time of the year
How Long Does it Take to Ship a Car from Hawaii to Seattle and From Seattle to Hawaii?
There’s a huge stretch of ocean between Hawaii and Seattle. You can expect the ocean leg of your car’s journey to take between one and two weeks.
If you want an auto transport service that’s reliable, efficient, and trustworthy remember to contact SGT Auto Transport. We make shipping a car from Hawaii to the mainland or from the mainland to Hawaii a breeze.