How Long to Ship a Car From California to Hawaii?
What You Need to Know About Car Shipping From Maine to Florida
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Moving your family and all your possessions across the country from Maine to Florida is a very stressful thing to do. Almost up there with getting married or divorced. Add transporting your car into the equation and you’re all set for a few sleepless nights.
Lucky for you, there is an option. Choose a car shipping service, just like the one we offer here at SGT, and moving your car becomes hassle-free. It’s certainly less stressful than driving your car thousands of miles across the country.
There’s just one fly in the ointment before you sit back and relax. You first have to find the best car transport company. Once you found one that offers Maine car shipping, you’ve then got to get your vehicle ready for its journey.
We’ve prepared this guide to point you in the right direction, provide some useful tips and help make your vehicle transport experience the best it could possibly be.
Why car shipping from Maine to Florida is the best option
If you ever need to relocate you’re going to be responsible for lots of different things. There are movers to find, belongings to pack, utilities to organize, and there’s the issue of your car.
Piling everyone in the car might sound exciting. A road trip has to be fun for all the family, right? It might be a good vacation idea but making it a part of your relocation can prove to be very stressful.
Not only are there time constraints to worry about, but driving can also cost a lot. Add in gas, food, lodging, tolls, and any other expenses and the cost quickly adds up.
Let’s look at it from another angle. After driving several days, how’s it going to feel to arrive at your new house and have unpacking to worry about? You’re going to be stressed, tired, and in need of a good night’s sleep. But where are the bedclothes and what made the mover leave the beds in the living area?
Hire the services of a company that offers car shipping to Florida and you can fly, take the train or bus to your new home. You’ll arrive feeling refreshed and relaxed, ready to get on with settling in.
Other benefits of hiring an auto transport provider rather than driving include:
- No unnecessary wear and tear on your car.
- Saves time.
- Saves money.
- Allows you to focus on other things.
How much does it cost to ship a car to another state?
Cost is going to be one of the most significant factors when you’re deciding whether to use the services of a car shipping company. How much the vehicle transport company charges depends on several factors including the distance travelled, the type of vehicle, and its condition.
Larger and heavier vehicles typically cost more to transport. Vehicle transport to and from remote locations might also cost more. Other factors to bear in mind include:
- The time of year.
- Price of fuel.
- Whether the vehicle is running or not
There are generally many different options when shipping a car to another state. Open transport, enclosed transport, fast car transport, and guaranteed pick-up are a few more examples.
You might also be entitled to a discount on the overall cost of your car transport service from Maine to Florida.. Students and snowbirds are often eligible for discounted rates. The same applies to military personnel.
What are the options for vehicle transport between Maine and Florida?
Choosing which auto transport company to use is not the only decision you’ve got to make. Do you, for example, want your car moved in an open trailer or one that’s enclosed?
Both have their pros and cons.
Open car shipping, for example, is a budget-friendly option. It does, however, leave your car open to the elements and traffic grime. But don’t let this put you off. The majority of auto transport shipments happen without any issues.
Enclosed vehicle transport is a special service generally recommended for owners of high-value cars. It’s a service that offers complete peace of mind and for some vehicle owners, this is what they feel most comfortable doing.
How the car shipping process works
If all this sounds far too complicated, let’s explain how easy it is to ship a car.
- Get your personalized quote with just a few clicks. Use our online quote calculator and input a few details.
Click the Get a Free Quote Now button and it appears.
- Make your booking by clicking on the appropriate link.
- Dispatch is arranged.
- Schedule a pickup date.
- Your vehicle is in transit.
Now you know how easy it is you’re ready to get the ball rolling.
Top 10 tips for getting your car ready
When it comes to booking a car transportation service there are a few things you need to do to get your car ready for its journey.
Here are 10 tips to help make the vehicle transport process as seamless as possible.
- Clean the interior and exterior – you’ll be able to check for scratches and dings.
- Visually inspect and photograph your vehicle – photograph any existing blemishes so you can compare when your car is delivered.
- Carry out some basic maintenance – check tire pressures and fluids, and that the battery has a full charge.
- Secure or remove any removable parts – for example, luggage and bike racks, custom spoilers.
- Deactivate toll tags, parking passes, and the alarm.
- Run down the gas tank – run it down to at least a quarter full.
- Check the insurance – ask the car shipping company for proof of their liability and cargo insurance and check with your own insurance provider that you’re covered.
- Check the Bill of Lading – keep this important documentation safe and check the details are accurate.
- Check contact information – this might be the contact number for the auto transport driver or the carrier.
Why SGT Auto Transport is the best car transport company
Now you know all there is to know about car shipping from Maine to Florida, you’re probably wondering why you should choose SGT Auto Transport. Let’s look at some of the reasons why.
- We’re a Top-Rated Car Transport Company
- We’re one of the best car shipping companies in the US which means we’ve got the experience to make transporting your car a walk in the park. We can arrange for the pick-up and delivery of your vehicle from a location of your choice. Our shipping advisors handle every step of the process so you can concentrate on other things.
- We offer a personalized approach. From the moment you get in touch, we’re here to guide you through every step of the process. Car shipping is hassle-free if you work with us.
- We offer a wide range of car transport options, including:
- Open and enclosed car transport
- Military PCS auto transport
- Guaranteed pick-up service
- Fast door-to-door shipping
- Snowbird vehicle transport
- Student auto transport
- We have a team of dedicated car shipping advisors. Our team of shipping advisors are passionate about what they do. They make sure your car is treated with the utmost care and keep you informed of its progress every step of the way.
- Full insurance coverage is included in the price
- All our carriers meet the necessary insurance standards and coverage is included in your car shipping quote.
- We’re proud to be able to work with more than 200,000 carriers. Whatever your car transportation needs we’ve got a carrier that can meet them. We personally vet each and every one so you can be certain these car shipping companies will treat your car like their own.
- Free instant quotes available 24/7
Use our online quote calculator to find out the cost of your car shipping service. Alternatively, call (864) 546-5038 or use our option. Our representatives are waiting to hear from you.